WARD 7 ISSUES
Issues and Solutions
- » ACCELERATE HURONTARIO LRT WORK.
- » BRING RE-DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS WITH COMMERCIAL COMPONENTS.
- » WORK WITH FELLOW COUNCILLORS TO FREEZE PROPERTY TAX. RISING TAXES ARE CAUSING HIGHER RENTS.
- » SAVE IN INFRASTRUCTURE SPENDING BY INCREASING PRODUCTIVITY.
- » MAKE PEEL HOUSING UNITS BETTER, CLEANER & SAFER.
- » SAVE IN SERVICES DELIVERANCE BY INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY.
- » PROVIDE SOLUTIONS TO AVOID SNOW DUMPING AT THE DRIVEWAYS BY CITY PLOWERS.
- » WORK WITH POLICE TO LOWER THE CRIMES.
- » DELIVER PERMITS FASTER.
- » DELIVER SENIOR & DISABLE SERVICES BETTER.
- » BETTER & MORE CYCLE TRACKS.
- » COORDINATED SPEEDING REGULATIONS.
- » INCREASE PARKING SPACES.
Speeding on 10/20/30/40 max streets, Neighborhood Parking, Bicycle tracks and Schooltime Traffic and Parking
Half of Ward 7 residents are deeply concerned about speeding on 40km/hr max streets. Police sometimes issue tickets, but the offenders are in hundreds. Its hard for residents to come out of homes in the morning time and on some streets anytime. Speed hums and more stop signs can eliminate this problem once for all.
Some neighborhoods have serious challenges. It is evident that on some streets there is enough space to park, but parking is not allowed and, on some streets, where there is hardly any passing space, but parking is allowed. This must be addressed to suit the residents concerned.
Bicycle lanes must be added on all streets to ease the kids to ride safely.
Schooltime traffic and parking to pickup the kids is a real pain for school neighbourhoods suffer with. It is an ongoing problem. At schooltime, like security guard, if the police car is present on spot/rotation basis it might reduce the suffering.
City of Mississauga’s Closed-Circuit traffic cameras are witnessing serious traffic congestion but is there any solution to eliminate the traffic gridlock? Yes, there is, A WALKWAY SYSTEM, not the LRT alone. It would connect 82 buildings to Square One. Cost? Zero. It would all be paid by corporations by selling the ad spots like they did in Dubai. I have international experience, and I’ll do it.